FarBeyondBelieving: TV shows: My favourites

18 January 2013

TV shows: My favourites

I'm obsessed with tv shows, in total I've been following around 25 tv shows. No random episodes involved. Some of them got cancelled, others ended. But at the moment there are still 13 shows I'm watching weekly. And of course some of them are on a hold and won't start until the summer. Plus there are still a lot of shows I want to start like Breaking Bad, the Walking Dead, Arrow and Revolution. If you want to see which shows I watch.. Check out my media page. But in this post I wanted to tell you about my top 5 ever. The five tv shows I enjoyed most, even though they are cancelled, ended or are still showing. Here we go:

1. Game of Thrones
This must be my all time favourite tv show. I'm reading the books, loving the show and meeting some of the actos. This story will belong to the genre fantasy, but is so much more then that. And all though it's very complicated when you watch it for the first time, it's building up amazing and there are so much characters which I absolutely love. I'm very happy to say that I already met some of the actors/actresses from the show including: Maisie Williams (Arya Stark), Iain Glenn (Sir Jorah), Jason Mamoa (Khal Drogo), Natalia Tena (Osha), Joe Dempsy (Gendry), Miltos Yeromelou (Syrio Forell), Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister) and Finn Jones (Loras Tyrell).

What is it about? Without any spoilers.. Game of Thrones is a medieval fantasy set in Westeros where you follow different story lines of different families. The show follows the members of several noble houses in a civil war for the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms. It builds up until everything seems to go wrong, and after all winter is coming.

I'm always been a big fan of fantasy but this is beyond everything I've seen and I absolutely can't wait until April 1st when the 3rd season will start again. My favourite characters? Daenerys Targaryen, Arya Stark and Tyrion Lannister. With Jon Snow and Ned Stark as a follow up.

2. Legend of the Seeker
This show was unfortunately cancelled after two seasons. I was gutted when I heard about it. Especially because season 2 was an open ending. There were a lot of characters I love and the story line was exactly what I liked.

The series follows the epic journeys of a young man named Richard Cypher, a mysterious woman named Kahlan Amnell, a wizard named Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander and a warrior (Mord'Sith) named Cara as they try to defeat Darken Rahl.

Kahlan Amnell was one of my favourite characters as I loved how she was portrayed in the tv show. (not so much in the books) But Cara had to be my all time favourite. The female characters in this show are strong and absolutely badass. Last November I met two of the male leads (Craig Horner & Craig Parker) which was such an amazing experience.

3. The Vampire Diaries
I've not read the books but love the tv show. I followed the Vampire Diaries from the very beginning and I'm still absolutely loving it. I'm definitely on Damon's (Ian Somerhalder) side and think Nina Dobrev (Elena) is gorgeous! I hope to meet Ian Somerhalder somewhere in the next few years as I absolutely respect everything he's doing, from his foundation to the person he is.

The Vampire Diaries is about Elena Gilbert, a girl from Mystic Falls, a small town haunted by Supernatural beings. Vampire brothers Damon and Stefan Salvatore live in the village as well. As the story develop, the focal point shifts on the mysterious past of the town involving Elena's doppelgänger Katherine Pierce and the family of Original Vampires, all of which have some evil plans of their own.


4. Supernatural
Supernatural can not be missed in the list. And all though I'm not a big fan of season 8 so far. The first 5 seasons where amazing. I've been in this fandom for a long time and all though Game of Thrones got in it's way, I still have a special place for Supernatural. My favourite character? Sam Winchester, with Dean on a very close second place.

Supernatural is a horror/sci-fi show about two brothers called Sam and Dean Winchester. The show follows the brothers as they hunt demons, ghosts, monsters and other figures of the supernatural.

I've also met a lot of the Supernatural actors. I'll name some: Misha Collins (Castiel), Rob Benedict (Chuck), Mark Pelligrino (Lucifer), Jim Beaver (Bobby), Mark Sheppard (Crowley), Matt Cohen (young John Winchester), Steven Williams (Rufus), Sebastian Roche (Balthazar), Carrie Fleming (Karen), Amy Gumenick (young Mary Winchester), Katie Wilder (Faith), Lindsey McKeon (reaper), Julian Richings (Death), Mitch Pillegi (Samuel) and Jim Micheals (director). That's quite a long list haha.


5. Dexter
I only started watching this show a few weeks ago, but am already up to season 5. It's different then every other show I've watched before, as I don't really watch crime shows. But Dexter is dark and twisted, which makes me love this show, all though that does sound quite creepy.

Dexter Morgan is a blood spatter pattern analyst for the fictional Miami Metro Police Department but next to that he has a secret life as a serial killer. He learned everything from his dad, so he only kills 'bad people'. But when the story goes on.. Dexter gets involved and has to keep his secret hidden.


Do you guys watch any of these shows? Or are there any shows you think I should watch?

All the photos in this post are made by me. Except for the posters and the photos at the Vampire Diaries and Dexter part.

25 comments:

  1. Ik kijk zelf the vampire diaries en dexter:) mijn all time favoriet blijft toch wel Grey's anatomy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the shows listed here i watch the vampire diares and Game of Thrones. I have watched supernatural to the end of season 5 i think. Next to that I still watch loads more. Love tv shows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik wil de vampire diaries echt heel graag zien x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Game of Thrones must be one of the best tv-shows I've watched in years, it's the only show I watch every week when an episode airs. I still really want to watch Legend of the Seeker. I've started Supernatural, but haven't watched an episode in a very long time. And I really need to pick up Dexter where I left off, because I really like that show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post. I'm very curious about Supernatural for a long time. Maybe it's time to watch!

    xx

    www.styleofpurity.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaah, zo vet dat je zoveel mensen van Supernatural hebt ontmoet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can totally recommend The Walking Dead, Arrow and Revolution! Watch it now! :P I've started watching Breaking Bad as well.
    I watch all of the shows you listed, except for Dexter. I think I saw the first episode once, but I have yet to continue watching the show. The only problem is that I already watch too many tv show! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wat een leuke series. Ik volg Vampire Diaries en ik heb 1 aflevering van Dexter gezien. Ik vind beide series echt top. Oh! And I'm on Stephan's side :$. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only show I've ever seen out of these is "Dexter" and it is utterly brilliant. I love it! It appeals to me because it's dark and edgy but still comical (Deb is a legend!) I miss Doakes, he was hilarious.

    http://www.youremyfavouriteflavour.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, vandaag een nieuwe aflevering van TVD !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dexter en game of thrones <3 Ik ben superduper jaloers dat je Jason Momoa hebt ontmoet en Joe Dempsy! En begin alsjeblieft aan the walking dead, die serie is ook echt ge-wel-dig!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Game of Thrones and Dexter! ♥ I honestly haven't watched Supernatural in a few years.. I kinda lost interest during season 5, heh. I still want to catch up, but other tv shows just get in the way.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ik vind Scrubs en Psych heel leuk!

    Liefs, Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ik ken ze geen van allen, haha. Maar 't klinkt wel heel leuk :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still dearly want to see LotS once, but so far no time yet, haha. I do watch TVD but you know that, hihi ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ik wil Vampire Diaries ook heel graag zien, maar eerst even Gossip Girl en Prison Break af kijken voordat ik alles door elkaar ga halen.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ik volg alleen Dexter en Vampire Diaries (die ik overigens weer moet oppakken) and im loving them. Game of Thrones, wordt die nou beter na de eerste aflevering? Ik kapte t daar af, maar hoorde dat ik moest doorkijken. Ben wel benieuwd naar jou mening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Game of Thrones is vrij zwaar, vooral omdat er zoveel familie's zijn. Daar moet je echt even aan wennen. Ik ben een fantasy fan en lees dus ook zulke boeken. Dus ik was eigenlijk meteen geboeid. Maar ik vind Game of Thrones geweldig, de eerste 2 afleveringen is eerst even iedereen voorstellen, daarna begint het serieus. Maar je moet er wel van houden hoor. Ik vind het geweldig!

      Delete
  18. Ik ben absoluut geen serie kijker, laat staan films of überhaupt tv. Maar ik heb de eerste aflevering gezien van The Carrie Diaries en ben fan!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i watched game of thrones season 1, it was so interesting! very sad at the end though. :(

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wat een leuke post, ik ken alleen Vampire Diaries niet terwijl ik weet dat iedereen het een aanrader vindt. Op de een of andere manier is het er nog nooit van gekomen. Leuk dat je zoveel acteurs in het echt hebt ontmoet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore Game of Thrones! I can't waait for the next season. So cool that you've met a few members of the cast. I would love to meet the King of the South haha.

    ReplyDelete
  22. op dit moment ben ik totally verslaafd aan pretty little liars,bitchy,verwend en ozo overdreven : ge - wel - dig !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Arrow & Revolution zijn allebei zeker must-see series! :D Verder zijn mijn favorieten toch wel TVD en Grey's Anatomy. Ik kijk geloof ik nu 15 series, de een is leuker dan de andere maar ze zijn het allemaal waard :P

    ReplyDelete
  24. Game of Thrones!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for visiting. :)
xx Nieke